Page 1 of 4 July, 2012
M2-R4: INTERNET TECHNOLOGY AND WEB DESIGN
1. There are TWO PARTS in this Module/Paper. PART ONE contains FOUR questions and
PART TWO contains FIVE questions.
2. PART ONE is to be answered in the TEAR-OFF ANSWER SHEET only, attached to the
question paper, as per the instructions contained therein. PART ONE is NOT to be
answered in the answer book.
3. Maximum time allotted for PART ONE is ONE HOUR. Answer book for PART TWO will be
supplied at the table when the answer sheet for PART ONE is returned. However,candidates, who complete PART ONE earlier than one hour, can collect the answer book forPART TWO immediately after handing over the answer sheet for PART ONE.
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS
TOTAL MARKS: 100
(PART ONE – 40; PART TWO – 60)
(Answer all the questions)
1. Each question below gives a multiple choice of answers. Choose the most appropriate one and enter in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
1.2 IP address of a packet is normally analysed by
1.3 MIME stands for:
A) Multipoint Internet Mail Extensions
B) Multimedia Interface Mail Extensions
C) Multipoint Mail Extensions
D) Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
1.4 Which connector is used mostly with STP?
1.5 Which of the following cable media is not affected by electromagnetic interference (EMI)?
A) Fibre optic
B) Co-axial Cable
C) Shielded Twisted Pair Cable (STP)
D) Unshielded Twisted Pair Cable (UTP)
1.6 WebCrawler has a web robot called
A) Crawler Robot
B) Crawl bot
C) Web bot
D) Web robot
1.7 A modem is not needed when accessing the internet through
D) None of the above
1.8 WAN stands for
A) Wire Accessible Network
B) Widely Accessible Network
C) Wide Area Network
D) Wire and Network
1.9 Which tag is a container?
1.10 Which of the following is used to send or receive files between two computers?
C) Internet Explorer
2. Each statement below is either TRUE or FALSE. Choose the most appropriate one and ENTER in the “tear-off” sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
2.1 Fibre optic cable has lower attenuation than copper wires.
2.2 10 Base 2 is a Ethernet standard on thick Ethernet coaxial cable.
2.3 FDDI is another ring based network that is implemented without hub.
2.4 Fibre optic channels have the ‘core’ as a very thin strand of highly refined cylindrical glass.
2.5 IPX stands for internet work protocol exchange.
2.6 Actual Internet Addresses are numerical and called Domain Name Systems.
2.7 Internet is not owned by any company or country.
2.9 Two machines can have the same IP address if they are connected in same segment of
2.10 Gigabyte is equal to 1000 kilobytes.
3. Match words and phrases in column X with the closest related meaning/word(s)/phrase(s) in column Y. Enter your selection in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
X Y3.1 MIME A. Optical fibre
3.2 100 Base Fx B. Client Side
3.3 Virus C. Relational
3.4 CGI D. E-mail
3.5 Database E. Replicating Code Segment
3.6 Copyright are protected by F. VB Script
3.7 Top Level Domain G. Patent Law
3.8 Dial-In User Service H. com
3.9 Derivate off VB Language I. RADIUS
3.10 Network Protocol J. ASCII
L. Point Light
4. Each statement below has a blank space to fit one of the word(s) or phrase(s) in the list below. Enter your choice in the “tear-off” answer sheet attached to the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
D. Circuit Switched E. SPAM F. DNS
G. Shareware H. <NoFrame> I. Oracle
J. PPM K. Virus L. JAVA
4.1 Speed of Printer is measured in ________.
4.2 ________ is a relational database.
4.3 ________ Tag is used to tackle the problem caused by the browser that does not support
4.4 ________ is a software you can obtain from anywhere but must purchase after a set
4.5 ________ matches Domain name to IP addresses.
4.6 Unsolicited commercial e-mail is called ________.
4.7 ISDN is an example of ________ network.
4.8 X.25 is an example of ________ network.
4.9 ________ is a security attack in which someone inside a company is tricked into running a
computer program that sends information from person’s computer to outsider?
4.10 ________ is used for fetching email from a remote mailbox.
(Answer any FOUR questions)
a) Write HTML code for
cat delhi Elephant
fox grapes hat ice jug
b) Write a short note on Internet Security.
c) Differentiate between Telnet & FTP.
a) What are POP and IMAP in context of e-mail? Give merits and demerits of POP.
b) Differentiate between TCP &UDP in detail.
a) Compare Bus, Star and Ring Topologies.
b) Write a short note on e-commerce.
c) What are the components of Front Page? Describe each one of them in detail.
a) What is Firewall? Explain in detail.
b) Explain how Search Engine works?
c) Compare dynamic & Static website.
9. Write short notes on any three of the followings:
b) E-mail Address
d) Java Script