M1-R4: IT TOOLS AND BUSINESS SYSTEMS
1. Question Paper in English and Hindi and Candidate can choose any one language. 2. In case of discrepancies in language, English version will be treated as final.
3. There are TWO PARTS in this Module/Paper. PART ONE contains FOUR questions and PART TWO contains FIVE questions.4. PART ONE is to be answered in the OMR ANSWER SHEET only, supplied with the question
paper, as per the instructions contained therein. PART ONE is NOT to be answered in the answer book.
5. Maximum time allotted for PART ONE is ONE HOUR. Answer book for PART TWO will be supplied at the table when the answer sheet for PART ONE is returned. However, candidates, who complete PART ONE earlier than one hour, can collect the answer book for PART TWO immediately after handing over the answer sheet for PART ONE.
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS
TOTAL MARKS: 100
(PART ONE – 40; PART TWO – 60)
(Answer all the questions)
appropriate one and enter in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question
paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
1.1 Numbers in base 16 are called as
A) Octal System
B) Hexadecimal System
C) Decimal System
D) Binary Numbering System
1.2 Octal equivalent of the Decimal number 567 is:
1.3 To cut text from the document, press the keys
A) Ctrl and V
B) Ctrl and C
C) Ctrl and A
D) Ctrl and X
1.4 Which of the following file extensions indicate file created in Paint?
1.5 Which software is used to teach students with help of LCD Projector?
C) Word processing
D) Power point
1.6 LINUX is?
A) a Compiler
B) an Assembler
C) an Operating System
D) an Editor
1.7 The DOS command to retrieve list of a file is
1.8 Secondary Memory is
C) Cache Memory
D) None of the above
1.9 ROUND(1363.45,-2) returns
1.10 The Cell Address $B$4 in a formula in EXCEL means it is a?
A) Mixed cell reference
B) Absolute cell reference
C) Relative cell reference
D) All of the above
2. Each statement below is either TRUE or FALSE. Choose the most appropriate one and ENTER in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
2.2 PowerPoint presentation can be embed with sound, video clips and animations.
2.3 A Browser is a software program used for viewing Web pages on the Internet.
2.4 MIDI means Multimedia Instrument Digital Interface.
2.5 Modem converts the digital pulses generated by computer equipment into analog signals.
2.6 Recycle Bin is an icon on the desktop that holds deleted files temporarily.
2.7 A pixel is the smallest dot that can be represented on a screen or in paint graphic.
2.8 Virus cannot survive in a Executable file.
2.9 In Word using superscript feature we can write H2O2.
2.10 Results are automatic recalculated by a formula if the data is changed in a given cell of
3. Match words and phrases in column X with the closest related meaning/word(s)/phrase(s) in column Y. Enter your selection in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)X Y
3.1 The base of a binary number A. 4
3.2 Short cut used to paste B. Internet Explorer
3.3 In a word document, similar text can appear at top C. Data Interpreter
and bottom of every page, by using option
3.4 It is an automatic placement of a word on the next D. 1
3.5 A program to view Web documents on the E. 3
3.6 In a work sheet cell A1 contains 7, cell A3 F. 2
contains 6 and cell A4 contains 11.
If cell B1 contains =COUNT(A1:A4)
then what will be displayed in B1
3.7 =MOD(-3,2) entered in a cell displays G. Ctrl + p
3.8 Group of instructions necessary to process H. Word-wrap
data and give results
3.9 Hyperlink that jump to a particular location I. Ctrl+v
can be created by using
3.10 RDBMS J. program
L. Header and Footer
M. Relational database
4. Each statement below has a blank space to fit one of the word(s) or phrase(s) in the list below. Enter your choice in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein. (1x10)
D. Binary Digit E. 36 F. Workbook
G. System H. cut/copied I. 12+24
J. PIE K. chown L. Attrib
4.1 The term BIT is an abbreviation of ________.
4.2 A Clipboard is a temporary storage area used for text which is ________.
4.3 ASCII Codes are ________bit binary codes.
4.4 Relational Database contains ________.
4.5 ________Unix command is used to change ownership of the file.
4.6 A collection of worksheets is known as ________.
4.7 If you enter 12+24 in a cell, Excel will display ________.
4.8 In ________chart, only one data series can be plotted.
4.9 Operating System is a ________software.
4.10 A commercial exchange between business and consumers conducted over the internet is
abbreviated as ________.
(Answer any FOUR questions)5.
a) Differentiate between system software and application software? Give two examples of each.
b) Convert binary number 100111 and 101.11 into a Hexadecimal Numbers?
c) What is an Operating System? Give three advantages of LINUX over WINDOWS.
6. Explain (any three) of the following with example in word:
i) Foot notes and End notes
ii) Spell Check
iii) Mail Merge
iv) Header and Footer
a) Explain any three financial functions available in MS-EXCEL.
b) Explain with example the Alphabetical Order sorting on raw, unordered data in Spreadsheet.
c) Describe with example the Auto-Calculate and Autofill feature in MS-EXCEL.
a) Explain the functions of Compiler, Interpreter and Assembler.
b) Differentiate between SPAM and VIRUS? How do you avoid each of the two in your system?
c) Why are high level languages known as machine independent?
a) Explain the security aspects associated with e-commerce.
b) Explain the steps involved to animate text and graphic objects in Power Point Presentation?
c) Mention four advantages and disadvantages of index file organization.